Pajarito (Paraguay Maté)
Mate (Iiex paraguariensis) is an evergreen member of the holly family. It grows wild in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Brazil, but it is most abundant in Paraguay. In many parts of Latin America and South America mate is enjoyed as a refreshing start of each day and a revitalizing and stimulating tonic drink whenever people meet. It is said to boost immunity, cleanse and stimulate the blood, tone the nervous system, combat fatigue, stimulate the mind, control the appetite and eliminate insomnia – the list is endless.
Mate contains over 190 active compounds, including Vitamins A,C,E,B1,B2, and B complex, iron, potassium, manganese, chlorophyll and amino acids.
Yerba Maté ( Ilex Paraguarensis )
Yerba mate is a very hearty bush belonging to the holly family, possessing leathey, oval and slightly serrated leaves. It grows wild beneath the rainforest canopy in many regions of South America. Mate has been a staple part of the diet and the basis of most folk medicines in South America for thousands of years. Traditionally considered “drink of the Gods”, Mates healing properties include:
- vitamins A,C,E,B1,B2,B3, and B complex
- trace minerals, calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, selenium, silicon, sulphur, and phosphorous
- 15 amino acids, fatty acids, flavenols, polyphenols and high chlorophyll content
- an organic xanthenine related to caffeine yet considerably different – lowers blood pressure, relaxes arteries, enhances psychomotor skills, non-habit forming
- antioxidants between 50%~70% higher than green teas
Mate being a full body “tonic” or “cure-all”, is popular for its many positive effects on the body:
- Boosts immune system
- Improves mood
- Induces mental clarity
- Sustains high energy levels
- Aids in weight loss
- Acts as a nutritional supplement
- Increases libido
- Detoxifies blood
PURA VIDA AMOCOS!
|Dimensions||14 × 8 × 24 cm|
50g / 1.77oz, 100g / 3.53oz, 250g / 8.82oz, 500g / 1.1LB, 1Kg / 2.2LB